A petition to request an incorporation election for Fairview was submitted to the county judge and commissioners’ court on April 21, 1958. The petition contained the following thirty-three names: Edgar Bush, V. W. Glover, Joe Hooper, C. A, Ostrawn (sp?), M. E. Travillion, L. W. Bryson, Mrs. L. W. Bryson, Mrs. W. H. Ellenburg, W. M. Bush, Mrs. W. M. Bush, E. A. Hooper, Elsie Hooper, Mrs. V. W. Glover, P. L. Barksdale, Mrs. P. L. Barksdale, H. L. Lowry, Mrs. H. L. Lowry, L. M. Nelson, Mrs. L. M. Nelson, Mrs. J. F. Summers, H. J. Petefish, Mrs. H. J. Petefish, Mrs. Robert R. Miller, Mr. Robert R. Miller, Mrs. Clyde Geren, George Apple, Mrs. George Apple, H. L. Knight, Mrs. H. L. Knight, B. C. Knight (?), C. H. Murray, J. K. Wa(?)
Fairview came into existence following an election held at what was called the Fairview Grocery on May 7, 1958. Ordered by Collin County Judge W. E. Button after submission of a petition, the purpose of the voting was to determine whether or not the Town of Fairview would be incorporated as a town. The ballot choices were simple: “Corporation” or “No Corporation.” A total of fifty ballots were cast, with only two of those opposing incorporation. Judge Button signed the order incorporating Fairview on May 12, 1958.