LAMASCO, TEXAS. Lamasco is on Farm Road 1396 eight miles northeast of Bonham in north central Fannin County. It was established about 1850 and given a portmanteau name made of the names of three early settlers, Law, Mason, and Scott. By 1888 Lamasco had a population of seventy-five, a general store, a drugstore, a steam gristmill, a sawmill, and two hotels. In addition, a post office operated there between 1886 and 1920. The population reached 179 by 1900, when Lamasco had a school, a sawmill, a hotel, two stores, and two churches. By the 1950s the community had only seventy residents and two businesses. In the 1980s through 2000 the population was thirty-two.