RIDINGS, TEXAS. Ridings is a rural community located at the junction of State Highway 78 and Farm Road 273 about eight miles north of Bonham in northern Fannin County. The settlement probably began during the late 1800s when Charles Calvin Ridings built a home in the area. A post office opened on June 11, 1900, and C. C. Ridings served as the postmaster. The post office closed on June 15, 1904. Ridings had a country school that still served area children in the 1920s. Decatur Ridings, the son of Charles C. Ridings, was the schoolteacher for a time. Another son helped establish the Corinth Baptist Church. Wright Ridings, a grandson of Charles, ran a grocery store in the community. No population estimates were available for the town during the first half of the twentieth century. In 1990 the population was ten, and that figure remained constant through 2000.